Lahore Orange-line Project
Lahore, the capital of Punjab, Pakistan, is a dynamic center of commerce and government located in the middle of Punjab. Amongst the most rapidly growing cities in the Pakistan, Lahore is home to more than 12 million people.
Some statistics of Orange-line are mention below.
- The Orange line is the first of the three proposed rail lines proposed for the Lahore Metro.
- The line will span 27.1 km (16.8 mi) with 25.4 km (15.8 mi) elevated and 1.72 km (1.1 mi) underground.
- The line will be served by 26 stations.
- Is expected to handle 250,000 passengers daily.
- Anarkali and Central stations will be underground
- While the remaining 24 will be elevated.
- Program and collecting, reviewing and preparing spatial datasets.
- These datasets are crucial to numerical groundwater model.
- Designing thematic maps focused on geology, piezo metric contours, watertable status.
- Also monitoring underlying aquifer dynamics over time.
- Selection of datasets types.
- Data collection and preparation.
- Data harmonization.
- Technical validation